- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine well in a large bowl:
• 1 lb. ground beef (preferably ground chuck)
• ½ lb. ground pork
• ¾ c. uncooked oats
• 1 egg, beaten
• ¼ c. chopped onion
• 1 c. salsa (look for something gluten free to make your friends happy)
• 1 tsp salt
• ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Press into a standard 8x4x2 loaf pan (ungreased)
- Top with the rest of the salsa (½ - 1 cup by measure (be careful; some salsas are jarred by weight instead of by volume))
If you want a more BBQesque topping, mix the remainder of your salsa with ¼-½ c. brown sugar before spreading on top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350ºF for about one hour.
- Let stand/rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Friday, July 03, 2015
This started as a simple recipe cut from a box of Quaker Oats. The Doctor has made a couple of changes, all for the better.
Posted by St. Izzy at 3.7.15