So here’s her recipe:
- 2 qts of water and
- 2 Tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. of lentils (~ 1 1/4 cups)
3. Drain & rinse the lentils in cold water. Drain them well and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Make a garlic paste by mincing & mashing 5 cloves of garlic with 1/4 tsp. kosher salt.
5. Purée lentils in a food processor.
- 1/2 c. tahini,
- garlic paste (see above),
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice, and
- 1/2 c. water
8. If the mixture is too thick, add up to 1/4 c. more water.
9. Season with salt & pepper.
10. Serve at room temperature.
In my experience, this stuff is best if made the day before you want to eat it, and the texture is best if it’s not too smooth. But that could just be me. Also, the denizens of The House of Chez Casa will be using more garlic.