- 1 loosely pressed qt. (1 tightly pressed pt.) basil, washed
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) Locatelli Romano, grated
- 1 ½ medium heads of garlic, crushed
- 4 oz. (~1 c.) walnut pieces, toasted (in our toaster oven, about 4 min. 20 sec. gets them really dark & nutty without being burnt)
- 4 oz. pignoli (~1 c. pine nuts), opened
- ~1 c. EVOO, drizzled into the food processor slowly
I prefer doing this in a food processor, but have had nearly as good a result using a regular old blender.
You can adjust the amount of nuts and oil to change the texture. This version comes out thick enough that it doesn’t fall off a spoon when it comes out of the fridge. Too much oil, and it will flow off whatever you put it on. Too much nut and it won’t be sticky enough to stay on your cracker.