Chill for slicing:
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. cheddar cheese (5.5 x 2 x 1")
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese (original recipe calls for 3, but I only ever use the two)
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 c. white wine vinegar
- ½ c. minced green onions or chives
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- ½ c. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ c. minced fresh basil
- 8 oz. pimento from jar(s), drained
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 ½ t. salt
- 1 t. ground fresh pepper
Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs. Serve with crackers.
 I should mention that Jeffita is/was the head of my old department, the public school job I had when I first came to SC. They still ask me to join them for gatherings (surely a good sign, although I think they’re definitely disappointed when SWMBO can’t make it). How fortunate am I to have had two sets of co-workers whose company I enjoy and who aren’t completely put off by my anti-social tendencies?